28 Days- February 2nd – Divine Meeting
Finnie is home with another virus, which means both Jack and I were up last night for a long while. Then I was up at 4:30 am to work and teach boot camp. Knowing it would be a sleep/snuggle/juggle work day I wanted to make the best for us both. So we enjoyed a nice long walk playing on the trail, followed up with a trip to Julie’s Coffee & Tea. While waiting, we went to the back patio and encountered a lovely lady. She took delight in Finnie, sharing stories about her own kids. She seemed about 60 years old and was very kind.
Seeing she needed an ear, I asked her how her kids were, what they did and so on. She shared she had concerns about her grown children who were 27 and 31. They weren’t making good food choices but wouldn’t listen to “Dear old mom”. She continued to say she wished she had done things differently …
“What would you have done? Mine are 10,7 and 1 so please teach this Mama”.
“I would have encouraged them to go outside more, not so focused on the academics. There is so much more than just work and studying and I wish I helped them play more so they would play and laugh more now. I wish I brought them to more culture and helped then to be more giving. Yes they do give a bit each year, but not the ingrained daily moments of helping others on their own will. It makes you feel Good and I want them to be good. I wish I did that as they worry me with their health, sitting down all day and not moving outside. They are not healthy and I worry for their future”.
Jaw dropped a bit with a smile. Then she asked, “What do you do? You can’t work with 3 girls, do you?!”.
“Well actually I do. I own a fitness business Dig Deep. Play HARD. and work for a healthy giving company called Ryte, Inc.. But I juggle it with my kids”.
She responds, “Oh wow, your kids are lucky because they must be healthy too. Do they like to be outside?”.
At that moment Finnie was quacking and waving “Hi” again, so we finally exchanged names and we waved Good Bye again to Helen. I shared with her it had been a pleasure. Wished her best and said her kids were blessed to have such a loving Mom.
When walking home, Finnie started snoring and I couldn’t help but think back to the conversation. This morning I was questioning what I was doing, if I should take a break from work right now with all the sick struggles. I know it was a brief thought, but it occurred to me as I sleepily struggled to get ready and find my own energy to teach and rally in boot camp. Of course once at class, I was pumped and my Erin Mojo came into play, but the juggling act has been challenging. However I feel in my heart of hearts, I am doing what I should be doing. I am raising my kids how it feels right in my gut. They don’t know anything but BEING healthy, active, movement, helping their community and doing goodness for others daily. Each week they ask what the 10% Ryte check is going to. Each Family Fitness Boot camp they question which charity we are helping with the funds.
While right now I may be juggling a bit, I know it is all what I am SUPPOSED to be doing.
I can say in my heart of hearts, I LOVE what I do and I LOVE the fact I get to do it with my kids.
I feel grateful daily for the opportunity to not only OWN my own business and help others be healthy, active and giving…but to help my Boot Campers, Clients and Ryte Team EMPOWERED team members help their children know a life of only being healthy, active and giving too.
February 2nd Positive Nuggets:
Workout: 3-2-1 – 3 minutes Stairs, 2 minutes Heavy Weights, 1 minute Core
Round 1: Stairs, Reverse Lunge with Bicep Curls, Mountain Climbers & Boulders
Round 2: Stairs Every Other Step, Chest Fly & Bridge, Jab Cross & Side Bends
Round 3: Sprint Up and Down Fast, Cross Country Skiing with Deep Pulses, 5 Jump Over Weights & 5 Cross Mountain Climbers
HIIT Intervals – :30 work/:15 rest x 8 cycles
Round 1- Stairs Sprints & Hvy. Wt Swing Throughs (i.e.: Kettle Bell Swings)
Round 2- Plank Up Downs & Sprint Stairs
Round 3- High 5 Partner Planks & Hop Up Stairs
1. Great 3-2-1 Workout taught at Boot Camp!
2. Stayed after and did additional 15 Minutes of stairs- woo hoo!
3. Walked Emerson to school (Kenz was already there) and Finnie and I enjoyed a nice long walk after becoming and Airplane with her in the Ergo. Great 4+ mile walk that was a blast with my youngest.
4. Stepping back, sitting at the Bay Trail, watching Finnie explore bubbles, sand, logs.
5. Meeting Helen at Julie’s- wow.
6. Writing new business idea down, starting to brain map deeper.
7. Jack has said he will make dinner so I can step back and help with homework.
8. Lovely walk with Finnie to do an errand at the bank, that ended up with a nice visit with my parents.
9. Watching the girls play on the swing at our neighbors tree. The 15 minutes made the entire afternoon blissful- Makenzie was pushing Emerson and vice versa. All the while both were sharing with me about their day.
10. Wrote 2 Blog Posts, listening to business pod casts, worked on MasterMind Program.
11. Resonated with new Business Model and HOW to help even more people, while helping myself fulfill my family/training/adventure time.
12. Bonus- Watching The Bachelor with my Jack of course!
May we all live a vibrantly and healthy life, doing the best we can each day! Share with someone one nugget they have done to inspire you. Start a conversation with a stranger, you have no idea what divine words may come from it!
Dig Deep. Play HARD!